Monday, February 9, 2009

No self esteem issues here!


It's amazing what a haircut will do for a kid. I love to get my hair cut too....makes you feel a little sassy again! Isaac got his haircut and the stylist spiked it up with gel and ever since, we haven't been able to touch the kids head. Then, we got him this cool new Spiderman blanket to go on his new bed. He was flying high!!
Today, he went to school for the first time with his new do. He walks in and of course, Miss Jodie notices and calls him the "cool kid". He ate that up and tonight, he tells me that all his friends and his teachers think he's cool.
The thought came to me that we are all trying to be "cool" and accepted by those around us. Of course we want to be liked and accepted for who we are, but ultimately our worth comes from our Heavenly Father. Psalm 139:17-18 says "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. " That's amazing to consider that the Lord has us on his mind all the time and He is so in love with us despite how we look, how we feel, and where we are at in life. I want to rest in the promise that He loves me more than I could begin to fathom.

No comments: