Friday, February 27, 2009

Joy and sorrow

Today, Troy and I will make our way to Fairmont to pack up the house we called home for 13 years. It's been a week a very mixed emotions for me. On one hand, there is great excitement in beginning this new chapter of our lives. God has proven Himself faithful to us and we are in awe of the way He works out everything in conformity to His will. On the other, I have had one of the saddest weeks yet. Maybe its because I had PMS and was battling strep or maybe its because I have never missed my mom more. Maybe its all three.
As I painted and planned out what I was going to do with each room, I couldn't stop thinking about how happy mom would be for us. She would have been here helping out and working harder than anybody else. Philippians 1:6 says "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Christ Jesus." My mom prayed for our house to sell and for us to find a new home in Fargo. That prayer did not end when mom left this earth. Jesus Christ will continue to carry it out until the day He returns! All of her prayers have touched the throne and continue to be worked out by the Lord. I think of the prayers she prayed for my children, for Joel and his future, for dad and his future...I rest in knowing that He who began a GOOD work in so faithful to complete it.
I have come to understand that yesterday was for me a "storm" day. A day when the clouds roll in, unexpectedly, and unleash buckets of precipitation in the form of tears. The good news is that storms to don't last forever. They do pass and when they do, the sun breaks forth and a new day begins. His mercies are new every morning.

No comments: