Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The God of all good gifts

On Sunday, January 25th, we signed a purchase agreement with the sellers of a lovely home that soon will become our home. We had feelings of excitement and fear. "What have we just done?" my sweet husband uttered . The provider naturally would feel some sense of pressure with two houses and one income.
That same day, I discovered that I was the winner of a giveaway at Big Mama's blog. I love her blog and she makes me smile and sometime, laugh out loud at her daily writings. The giveaway was an engraved personalized stone plaque that featured your family names and scripture to display in your home. I was 'randomly' chosen of out of nearly 1000 entries. If God can work through the casting of lots to make decision, certainly He can work through a random computer selection program couldn't He? I believe that God chose to give me a good gift this day as a stone of remembrance. To remind me that He is in control and that He is the God who sees and hears the cry of my heart. We serve a God who intimately knows the deepest needs of our heart and yet, holds the world in His hands. I cannot comprehend that, but I love knowing that He cares deeply for the most personal needs of my life.
I looked up the passage in Joshua 4 where the Lord commanded Joshua to take up stones out of the Jordan and set them up as a memorial to what the Lord had done that day. It all came together as I realized that this was our stone of remembrance. We must tell of how God provided and remind our children that He is Jehovah Jirah...our Provider. We will do this for years to come.
So on Sunday, I felt loved like I haven't felt loved and cared for by my Lord in quite some time. There have been days in the past year when I felt as if God had forgotten me, that He wasn't truly good. I know that's not true and over the course of time, He has shown me that He does work all things together for my good. He's not working in my life to make me happy, but to make me holy.
Today though, He has made me glad.

2 comments:

We've Got Scents said...

Hey Sweet Michelle, I just read this post and I wanted to let you know your engraved tile shipped yesterday! You can see it on my post today!
Blessings today and always,
Kaye
Matthew 21:22

emilyrichardson said...

Your blog is both encouraging and challenging to me Michelle! Challenging me to seek the Lord more and more. You are so inspiring to me, not drawing attention to yourself but drawing others closer to Christ. Thanks! :)