Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Rainy days in Oct.

I am finishing what I started. I don't do that a lot. I get something going and then have a hard time completing it. My husband calls it abstract/random. I also refer to it as adult ADHD. I can be going along, with a task in my mind, and be completely thrown off by something else that catches my eye or enters my thoughts. Like today, I had no intention of trying to begin to blog again. I have things to do!! However, this grabbed my attention and I was off to the races. Call it random, call it whatever...

"Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth. Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitants of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel." Is. 12:5-6

He has been glorious in my life over the course of the last year. I have been pricked my the brokeness of the world and have lived through it to tell about it. There were days I didn't think I could go on happily ever again. I have learned how to live in the moment and savor the people in my life. I have learned that God is good, not matter the circumstances. There are many other truths that have been imprinted on my life that I hope I never forget. Learning things in the classroom is one thing, but going on a field trip will seal the memory forever. I don't like field trips, but if that what it takes to make me student of the Word, so be it.

I hope to share how this happens and how to trust God in difficulty.

No comments: