Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good intentions

I had decided early on today that I was going to run errands instead of attend bible study this morning. I had a couple of stops to make and Isaac was in preschool...seemed like a great opportunity! Sophia is turning 7 tomorrow and we are planning to celebrate both her birthday and Joel's graduation from fireman's training on Sat. Honestly, I was not really in "party mode" and feeling more like having a "pity party" than celebrating. I was determined to find firemen's hats so that we could all be wearing one in honor of Joel. I was actually feeling a little encouraged after finding a verse that the Lord led me to today. Is. 43:1-3. Trusting that God was walking with me through this fire.
After purchasing the hats, I was feeling thrilled that I found what I was looking for. Troy and I have been diligent about saving all receipts this month and I was putting just that in my wallet when BAM!! I fell off a step (did NOT see that there) and twisted my ankle severly!!! I was standing there crying wondering how I would get out to my van to sit down. I cried out to God for help and made it there, where I continued to cry! I felt like a kid, but I am telling you, it really hurt!! Long story short, made it home, sister in law Martha came to the rescue...my knight in shining armor also came home to watch Isaac and after an hour and a half vist to the walk in clinic, I came home with an Ace bandage, an ankle support, and a PT appointment. Third degree sprain. Ouch.
lesson learned here? Nothing yet...stay tuned. Could potentially be a great devotional.

No comments: